We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling and Titan Trigger fish

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkelling and Titan Trigger fish

Hi I have been told that the Titan Trigger fish can be quite aggressive towards people snorkelling just wondering if this is true? And also if there is anything else I should be very careful with as I plan to spend a lot of time snorkelling during my stay at Chaaya Reef :)

Thanks in advance

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Snorkelling and Titan Trigger fish

Of all the fish around the reef probably the Titan is the one to be most aware of

Even sharks won't come anywhere near you

On all islands (except kuramathi) we have had some weird experiences with titans, and that's staying away from them and it wasn't nesting season

My OH stayed out of the water for 2 days till she returned to the reef following a particularly harrowing experience at biyadhoo

She now wears fins religiously mainly to be able to fin away from titans

I wouldn't say im scared of em but I don't take my eyes off em if they're patrolling about

22. Re: Snorkelling and Titan Trigger fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 17, 2014