We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maayafushi

england
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maayafushi

We've just got back from Maaya,let me tell you,its awesome.Its beautiful,and while we were there it was roasting!! Nearly 40degree's!! The accomadation is fairly basic but well maintained and clean,food is good,though a little repetitive over the two weeks,the entertainment is poor but if you join in then you will have fun,but it ain't no Ibiza type place for entertainment,but thats not what you go to the Maldives for!One great thing there is NO mozzies,no one that I spoke too had any bites at all.It is an Italian owned island,so there are a lot of Italians on the island,but the staff speak English and they are great esp Corina and Morizio.It has a really good house reef from which we saw turtles,sharks,Moray eels etc and the diving was awesome,apparently, a whale shark was seen!!Any questions I'll be pleased to answer them if I can!! Ryan n Pauline

uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maayafushi

Sounds like you had a great time. Did you stay in a beach bungalow? If so were they nice as we're off to one in march. Can you walk round the whole island without getting your feet wet?

Cheshire
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maayafushi

Hi,

Sounds fab...

Im going at the end of May next year for my honeymoon, im staying in one of the water bunglows, dont suppose you have any photos of them or photos in general of the island.

Thanks

england
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Maayafushi

Wilk,yes the bungs are lovely,basic,but very nice.its strange going to the loo,with it being outside!!Weird,but it works!! you certainly can walk the whole island without getting your feet wet,but if its as hot as when we were there then you may very well need to dip your feet in just to cool down!!One half of the island has a cooling breeze,which was very welcome,the other side is hot hot hot!! I so wish I was still there.

england
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Maayafushi

emmajayne,I will have some piccy's of the water bungs,and I will put them on soon.You will have a great time on your honeymoon,the sunsets are awesome and very romantic,if your into that stuff!!From the water bungs you have to walk,a very long 50 yards to the bar or restaurant,its such a small island that when you walk round it your back to where you started before you know it!!

Get answers to your questions about North Ari Atoll