We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Fishing at Meedhupparu

Essex, England
Level Contributor
540 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Night Fishing at Meedhupparu

Going to Meedhupparu in November and was wondering if anyone has been on the night fishing trip. If so how calm is the sea, what bait is used and did you catch anything (not that I have ever tried fishing before but thought it sounded quite fun)

Also a bit confused about the drinks included with the AI - is the pool bar included or do you have to pay for drinks there.

Thanks

coventry england
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Fishing at Meedhupparu

Hello Brookster.

We went to the Meedhupparu in March this year and my dad n partner went night fishing and loved it, when we return in April 2006 they are planning to do it again.

They said that everyone on the boat caught something and they even said that they saw dolphins swimming near the boat.

The sea was very calm but it was a different month to what you are going so it maybe different.

We hope this helps you! Also it costs 15 dollars per person to do this trip.

Have a great time

Coventrytravelers

Save Reply
2. Re: Night Fishing at Meedhupparu

Just turn up at the boat at the appointed time, usually around 5pm. No experience is required and they encourage all comers.It's bookable at reception. Everything is supplied, The fishermen are very helpful and patient. You will catch something, generally exotic and large. Some of the ladies will want to put the fish back and the fishermen do oblige if you press them ! Otherwise we understand it all gets cooked back on the island. Camera essential to record your successful catch and prove to the people back home that you did it !

You can take your own rod if necessary but it's not essential.I was casting lures into shoals of tuna but did not get lucky ! Lure fishing is fun but you would probably get more success with bottom (ledger) fishing . They have huge chunks of bait (tuna ?) on board for the big hooks !

It's one of the best excursions they do. It also saves you money if you take a camera you get the sunset thrown in, rather than just taking a special (photo flip) trip. ENJOY.