We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

Durham
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

Hi all,

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Me and my hubby are going to Ellaidhoo in April this year, and I'd like to find out a few bits of info.

1) What are the standard bungalows like? (all I can find are reviews for beach bungalows and water villas). (also, do they have open air bathrooms?)

2) We went to Meeru in 2007 and went shoeless for the full fortnight...is this possible at Ellaidhoo? (just so I can decide how many pairs of shoes I need to pack)

3) Has anyone been with First Choice recently? ...we booked online and are unsure as to whether we get a speed boat or seaplane transfer.

Cheers

MBM

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

I've got a brochure in front of me and it states Free Sea Plane transfer which takes 20 minutes.

All it states in brocure as basic is now called garden view rooms not standard bungolows (garden view room) is that they sleep up to 3 with a rollaway bed, bathroom, shower, air con, satelite tv, mini bar and a terrace.

Brocure states powder white sands.

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

upgrade to0 water villa is only 35 pounds per serson per night.

Durham
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

Thanks Fudge,

I've got the brochure, but the transfer is contradictory, as other sources say that a seaplane transfer is 20 mins and speedboat transfer is 45 mins....but First Choice say that the transfer is a 20 minute speedboat ride...so I was somewhat confused as to which it really means.

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

Hi MBM,

If you go to www.chaayamaldives.com it states that sea plane transfer is 25 mins.........just to confuse you even more LOL

Sue

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

I'm going in April too, 1st to be precise. We've booked a garden view room too and would be really grateful if someone could advise on clothes/shoes etc. Is this a barefoot casual type place, or do you need to dress up in the evenings?

The only response I seem to be getting is to join another forum and I'm not keen on that.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

We stayed on Ellaidhoo in October last year and we went with First Choice. We had a sea plane transfer which took approximately 25 minutes. We stayed in a water bungalow so cannot comment on the garden rooms but we did go into a beach bungalow and these were absolutely fine. Clothing wise - yes you can go shoeless - its very casual and we went barefoot for the whole two weeks - my husband even went barefoot in the restaurant at night. You are going to love this island - its beautiful, we had a fantastic time and I'm sure you all are too!!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

Hi all,

Just thought i'd let you know the following.

We have booked to go next year and received a letter from First Choice to say that a 'genuine misprint' had occured in the First Choice Tropical, Third Edition Brochure on page 238. The information regarding transfers was 'displayed incorrectly'.

The pricing of the holiday is set up for a speed boat transfer, not a sea plane.

Have had to pay £67.00 each for return transfers by sea plane.

We also booked online but used the brochure for reference purposes.

Not going to let this spoil something that I am looking forward to very much.

Snowdrop60

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

I'm also going First Choice and received my confirmation earlier in the week. We are flying out on 1st April and expecting sea plane transfers - as per the brochure. The confirmation didn't say any different - I wonder if they will cancel ours and say it's a brochure mistake! My husband says that he wants those sea plane transfers and if we have to pay any extra, then First Choice can foot the bill!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

Have checked the brochure and this only comes into affect from 1st May 2009. (we're going in March 2010)

You'll be okay.

Have a great time!

Am going to SIV in three weeks:-)

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Questions

That's good then as my husband really wants to go by seaplane - personally I don't mind and I'm a bit afraid of seaplanes being a 100% woos!

I'm hoping that we don't receive anything from FC saying that things have changed as I do like to keep the old man happy!

Can't wait now, what with snow, ice and now flooding - boy I'm gonna need that holiday :-)