We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuramathi Coconut Village - Anyone been?

Cheshire
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kuramathi Coconut Village - Anyone been?

Hi all

My girlfriend and I are due to stay at the Kuramathi Coconut Village for two weeks on 9th May 05. Has anyine been to this resort? Any tips?

We're all inclusive but does anyone know if there are extra costs which we should bear in mind when budgeting our spends?

Any other tips: e.g recommended tipping, mosquito problems or anything else you wish you'd known before you went.

Many thanks

Greg

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuramathi Coconut Village - Anyone been?

I was there for a week at the beginning of June last year. It is absolutely great.

The ray feeding at the top end of the island is good and the staff will even let you feed them.

If your a diver the early morning hammerhead dive is wonderful.

We generally take $100 per week with us for tips (in small notes) and give $15 to $20 each for the room boy & waiter and $2 for each suitcase carried plus abot $20 to $30 to the dive centre staff.

There were no mosquito problems than I saw (and they usually love me.

You don't need to take beach towels as they are provided.

Meals were buffet breakfast and buffet/set meal for lunch dinner which alternated so one day you had set lunhc & buffett dinner the next buffett lunch and set dinner. Snacks (sandwiches & cakes) were also available to order from the coffee shop between 4 & 6 each day.

Drinks included in the All inclusive bar were ride ranging and not the usual 1 cocktail, 1 vodka etc.

We tried the indian one night and were quite disappointed so didn't bother with anywhere else as we felt the food in the main restaurant was very good.

Don't bother taking any shoes as you really don't need them (even the restaurant has a sandy floor).

We were warned by the rep that the duo that sing in the bar one night a week were pretty awful and she was right, but this fact made us laugh anyway.

Watch out for the hermit crabs they're really big and rather painful if you step on them by accident when it's dark :)

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Cheshire
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuramathi Coconut Village - Anyone been?

Thanks Spottydog your reply was more than helpful. Can't wait to go you've confirmed what others have said that it's a really nice place.

Birmingham
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuramathi Coconut Village - Anyone been?

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone would be able to give me details on Kuramathi Island Village resort, and perhaps their personal experiences.

My girlfriend and I intend to go there at the end of June for 2weeks all inc, and woulod be very appreciative of anyone who could tell us about it. (Activities, accomodation)

Thanks very much

Kieran Spence

england
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuramathi Coconut Village - Anyone been?

Hi there we have just returned from Kuramathi Village, it is a wonderful island, but I would suggest staying in the cottage & spa. The island has three separate resorts(which all mingle into each other), however the cottage and spa is central on the island where as the village is at one end. If staying in the cottage the use of the pool is included, at the village you need to to join - not very expensive about $15 a week. The accomodation is slightly better at the cottage but quite similar to the superior bungalows at the village - which we had. I would also recommend AL, as the drinks can be rather expensive. With regards to mosiquitos, sorry but we were eaten alive. However we had a few nights of heavy rain, which may account for this. To be honest it was a small price to pay, for being in Paradise - I would get up at around 5am each morning as I couldnt wait to look at the island again, the views and surroundings are stunning. The sand bank at the Blue Lagoon end is amazing, especially as the sun is setting.