We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elliadhoo, Halaveli or Vilamendhoo

Victoria, BC, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Elliadhoo, Halaveli or Vilamendhoo

From Canada - My husband and I will be spending our 25th Anniversary (we're in our mid 40's) in the Maldives in late April 2006, and really want some excellent snorkelling, and a bit of easy diving. (beginners) We're looking for fairly quiet, AI, not too many kids, a decent beach and a reasonable price.

Can anyone suggest which place may be best? The ones mentioned in my post title are supposedly the best ones for snorkeling, but if someone can tell me of a better place, that would be great!!

Mentioned in this post
Dive Blue Maldives
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elliadhoo, Halaveli or Vilamendhoo

Maybe a bit late but I've only ever been to Vilamendhoo - been 3 times and going again this Xmas for 2 weeks. Absolutely love the place and cannot recommend it enough. Snorkelling is great, I'm told theirs is one of the best house reefs anywhere and I can believe it - don't go in for the diving, too much effort and keeps me out the bar too long. Give Vilamendhoo a try, we've met loadsa people over there and never yet met anyone who was disappointed!

Regards

Martin

Mentioned in this post
Vilamendhoo
Vilamendhoo
Southern Ari Atoll