We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to drive to Tg Jara in Dungun from Singapore

Which Kuala Terengganu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
How to drive to Tg Jara in Dungun from Singapore

I am going to Tanjong Jara Resort soon and plotting my route there.

Does anyone know if there is a highway I can use to travel from Kuantan to Dungun (where the resort is) instead using the coastal road? From the map, there is a road - Jalan Jabor - Al Muktafi Billah Shah - that looks a possible alternative but is longer. Would this be a highway quality metal road I could use?

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to drive to Tg Jara in Dungun from Singapore

You can click the link below for recommended. Less car and traffic ..

https://maps.google.com.my/maps?saddr=BKE&daddr=3.385042,103.4218352+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=3.124035,103.571297&sspn=4.403363,7.13562&geocode=FYHpFQAdz2EvBg%3BFdKmMwAdixcqBik_M6SLS1zPMTEJDMzKdLT5Rg%3BFfhsSQAdlBoqBg&mra=ls&via=1&t=m&z=8

singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to drive to Tg Jara in Dungun from Singapore

Thanks for your reply and telling me I can use the road, Jalan Jabor - Al Muktafi Billah Shah, to get to Dungun.

For the earlier part, I was planning to take the N-S highway to Yong Peng -> Segamat -> Kuantan. Am I wrong to think that it may be more straight forward than a winding road which I associate with the east coast which you have indicated?

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
991 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to drive to Tg Jara in Dungun from Singapore

Yes, the Yong Peng-Segamat- Kuantan road is more straightforward now and much improved with wider and straighter sections. The Jabor- Muktafi Billah road is the old trunk road which is not really highway quality with some parts pot-holed but some sections have been resurfaced and widened too. Many of the East Coast roads are undergoing improvements to be straighter and sharp road bends are getting less.

4. Re: How to drive to Tg Jara in Dungun from Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 23, 2014