We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aryani

manchester
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Aryani

Hi

My husband and I are thinking of going to Stay at either the Tanjong Jara or the Aryani in April o6

We like to eat outside of the hotel if we can I noted on one of the

replys someone said there was places to eat outside the Tanjong

Can anybody tell us is it the same at the Aryani or is it just in the hotel

Thanks

B K

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aryani

If you feel like eating out..................ask the reception for a taxi (I wouldnt advise walking......not because it's dangerous)but you def. would miss something.

Germany
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aryani

Hi,

the Aryani is really a wonderfull hotel but there are no little restaurants nearby in walking distance. But you can go by taxi. Its very cheap and you can see a lot...

If you go to the Aryani, try to get the "Modern Suite". This is the nicest room they have, facing the beach and really cosy and quiet.

From the Aryani you can make nice boat trips to Redang and Bidong. Its worth...

Have fun.

manchester
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aryani

Thank you honeybee 5

been waiting for someone to reply glad you enjoyed your holiday

the info was just what I was waiting to hear will book soon. was it expensive to eat at the hotel and what was the food like

Thanks again

luoli

Germany
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aryani

Hi again,

the restaurant is good and the food is not expensive. Try the pumkinsoup with lemongrass - delicious!!!

But beer and wine are very expensive there.

You can go to china town in Terrenganu. There are a lot of very cheap chinese restaurants there, with great food.

If you like to go for diving or snorkeling, ask for Mr. Goh at the hotel reception. He makes great trips to the islands, not too expensive. You can catch your own fish and they will prepair it at the hotel restaurant. Enjoy your trip and greetings.

manchester
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aryani

hi Honeybee5

Thank you very much for all your help we are now going to book for April next year. One more question if I may

What is the driving like there My husband is thinking of getting a car while we are there would you advise this or is taxis better.

It would be lovely if you could post some pix as there does not seem to be very many anywhere there are lots of the Tanjong but not of the Aryani .

Thanks once again

luoli

KL Malaysia
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aryani

luoli,

we went to Aryani in june this year, very nice especially for couple. Saw that u asked about driving there, did u mean driving from KL? We did that and it was easy peezy,enjoyable tho quite a long journey , shd be OK if u are on long hols, could take it more leisurely, stopping at places, we did not as time was not on our side. If u want to ask more about driving there, i would be happy to answer if possible.

Germany
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aryani

Hi luoli,

we had a car. I think its the best way to go around there. Try mayflower (!) or hawk. They deliver the car whereever you want. And - you can do some nice trips on your own.. like Tenir Lake. We have a lot of pictures from Arjani but I am not able to post them. Don't know how it works...

manchester
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aryani

Hi Honeybee5

To post pix you go to the main fourm i think and it says post a review if you go into that it lets you post them it may come out on the review page then. have a play with it and thanks again for the info we will do that any great place to or go would be very welcome. when you go to answer this down in the bottom left hand corner there is a place for user reviews think that is how you get pix on .

luoli

manchester
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Aryani

hi jam2440

Sorry no we won't be driving from KL as we are not there long enough we will fly and drive around when we get there we were just wondering what it was like to drive in the east what the roads are like an sign posts as not speaking the language can make it difficult any info or pix of the Aryain would be great or place to eat outside of the hotel

Thanks

Luoli

KL Malaysia
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aryani

luoli,

Shame that u r not driving to Aryani, as it could be one way to explore part of M'sia. Still worthwhile to hire a car there, do try to get Aryani to arrange it from the airport or from the resort, I am sure they are most helpful, Zul is the person in charge at Aryani (if my memories is correct), s'pose u have to phone them (no e-mail i think!). Another way, if i am not mistaken, is to hire the car from the airport itself. Driving over there is a breeze, signs are OK, road is not too bad, just watch out for cows etc and you could explore places there, along the cost and up to Kelantan.

In terms of eating, i am afraid that the area does not cater for overseas tourist-mostly local eateries but nice & v. cheap - i am local so no prob for me (you could still try, if adventerous enough). Places ard the jetty to Redang has a few cafes catering for travellers. Bear in mind, Terengganu and Kelantan is not KL nor Penang so communication outside Aryani can be a problem - knowing a few Malay phrases can be helpful - but do not let this deter u as they are most helpful.

However, u can drive to Kuala Terengganu, 40 minutes from Aryani. The traffic can be a bit chaotic but u should not worry, just drive slowly & be alert. It has variety of restaurants/eating places and slightly 'modern' as well as places to visit - the market, palace, museum, craft place etc. Crafts here are cheap.

Mind u, i am writing this as M'sian tho my hubby is not , so for us e'thing is easy. i always love terengganu but admit it is still 'backward' in so many ways (did not mean to offend, but the backwardness is part of the charm ). i will relate an experience there which shows the backwardness - when my hubby went to the patrol station in front of Aryani, he got stared and remarks for being white by certain patron there (not the shop person tho)- also stares at some eating place there, no offence, just unconfortable and put it as part of the experience. Anyway, the petrol station is very modern and stocks well. At the entrance of Aryani, a stall selling fresh fruit, very cheap and yummy - but i suspect u have to use sign languange or some malay here.

All in all, the resort is very nice, terengganu has a lot of charm, but do not expect a happening place or creature comfort once u leave Aryani. You can see some of our pix on Aryani review.