We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Sentral to Royale Bintang Damansara

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
788 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
From Sentral to Royale Bintang Damansara

Please help me with the following :

1) What is the approximate taxi cost from Sentral to the Royal Bintang Damansara ?

2) Other than taking a taxi, is there other way of getting to the hotel ? I was told we can take the LRT to Kelana Jaya station (Which line is this?), then take the Ikano Power Centre shuttle to the hotel. But I was also told that it could be of a bit of a hassle because of the waiting time for the bus, and not knowing when it would arrive.

There are only two of us - my husband an myself - not taking the kids this time, so we can move around with better ease on public transport. Would appreciate any advise.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Sentral to Royale Bintang Damansara

Hi,

ans (1). I am making a guess here as I have not taken a taxi from KL Sentral to this hotel. However, can advise, do make sure to purchase the taxi coupon from the taxi counter in Kl Sentral. My guess for the coupon fare is in the region of RM18-RM25.00.

ans.(2) From Kl Sentral to Kelana Jaya-it is the Kelana Jaya Terminal Putra Line.The hotel is opposite of IKano Power Centre/Ikea, and they do print out a schedule for their complimentary shuttle bus, which I do not have it with me now. If am able to trace it, will post another thread with the information.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Sentral to Royale Bintang Damansara

Well, to save money, you can travel by Putra line. If you don't want to wait for the shuttle bus at Kelana Jaya station, you can walk up the overhead pedestrian bridge to the other side of road, then take a taxi to the Curve mall, which is where the Royale Bintage is situated. This should be less than RM5.00 a trip.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
788 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Sentral to Royale Bintang Damansara

Thanks. I think we would take RioJ's suggestion.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Sentral to Royale Bintang Damansara

Hi again, though as you mentioned you will be taking the taxi from Kelana Jaya station, make sure you cross over(there is an overhead pedestrian bridge) to the stop with shophouses behind you, otherwise, it will not be RM5.00 metered fare. Hope you get one using the meter and non tampered also.

Anyway, here is the Ikano scheduled bus service, the shuttle bus also departs opposite the KElana Jaya LRT station:-

These are the departure times,and they do follow it strictly,as they have allocated enough time for congestion on this highway-LDP at certain hours of the day:-

0900,1000,1130,1300,1500,1630,1730,1900,2000, and 2130hrs.

They will stop in front of the main entrance(grd flr) of Ikano Power centre, where above the platform, is the big signboard of "Harvey Norman"-across the road is then Royale Bintang Damansara.

5. Re: From Sentral to Royale Bintang Damansara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 04, 2009