We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

business trip alone

Which Cyberjaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
business trip alone

Hello

I will be send on business trip to Cyberjaya where the company I work for has a branch.

I am very worried because I am a 27 years old girl, going by myself and I can see this place is far away from KL city center.

Hows the area? are there stuff to do in the evening / safe place to go by myself..

I am very worried.

thanks for your replies

Serena

6 replies to this topic
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,243 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: business trip alone

Cyberjaya close to Putrajaya is a very safe place but lacking public transport.

Just take a cab to your company.

Not much of entertainment over cybeyjaya

goto map

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=moz35&va=cyberjaya+map

Edited: 9:45 pm, March 21, 2013
Penang Island...
Level Contributor
911 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: business trip alone

As earlier posted your only danger in Cyberjaya is boredom.

If you can I would commute from down town KL each day. There is a train to putrajaya and then you can get a cab. When in KL try to stay in Bukit Bintang which is full of great shops, restaurants etc.

As a general rule Malaysia is far safer than London so just relax and enjoy what is a beautiful country..

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: business trip alone

As opined by the previous posters, can you ask your company to arrange transport for your stay from KL to Cyberjaya for work. That area is dead in the evening.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: business trip alone

Hi Serena

It is an extremely safe place to be. If they put u up at the Shangrila, there r nibblies in the lobby lounge after office hours. Both Shangrila and Pullman offer free shuttle service to the Alamanda mall, where u can grab dinner (food courts, cafes, restaurants), do some shopping, bowl or catch a movie. Think most likely they will also shuttle u to the office in the am. There is also the Cyberview Lodge as well but not familiar with its transport arrangements.

As far as watering holes r concerned, cant help u there but bound 2 b a few in Cyberjaya.

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: business trip alone

Dear All

thank you very much for your replies. I feel relieved now..

thank you again

:)

6. Re: business trip alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, April 10, 2013

Reply to: business trip alone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cyberjaya