We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nights between Kuching and Kota Kinabalu

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nights between Kuching and Kota Kinabalu

Hi everyone

Have 10 days for a trip to Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.

Could you please advise me how many days I should spend on each.

Interested in nature, wildlife (orangutan) and a bit of history.

Thinking of staying in Kuching for 4 days and KK for 6, any idea is appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nights between Kuching and Kota Kinabalu

Nice plan n very ideal, both are rich in history and nature attractions.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nights between Kuching and Kota Kinabalu

I'd say Kuching has more history than KK. Much better preserved old town in Kuching, as KK was pretty much flattened in WW2 - (when it was called Jessleton) whilst Kuching escaped with much less damage.

Therefore the central chinatown part of Kuching retains a real historic charm unlike most other cities in Malaysia, apart from Malacca and Georgetown. I'd at least do 5 and 5, if not more in Kuching.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nights between Kuching and Kota Kinabalu

I agree with KR about Kuching it really is a lovey city. Because you mentioned wildlife as well, i would prob stay 6 nights Kuching with one of those nights at Bako NP and 4 at KK

4. Re: Nights between Kuching and Kota Kinabalu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 07, 2013