We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Which Kuching hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sweden
Level Contributor
136 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Hi,

can you recommend a nice hostel or hotel in Kuching for 6 nights?

We are a couple and want a nice and clean room with bathroom. It will be a base for us when we explore Sarawak.

It is a big plus if the hostel/hotel can arrange good daytrips (not too expensive).

Thank you!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Depends on your budget, what are you prepared to spend per night for a room?

Also check out the 'Kuching Hotels' link on the left side of the page, and read the reviews. You can view different types of accommodations here.

Sweden
Level Contributor
136 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Hi,

we are thinking maximum 100 MYR/night.

We have looked at Lodge 121, Wo Jia Lodge, Marco Polos, Kuching waterfront Lodge, My Sarawak Travel Cafe Guesthouse, Holiday Inn, 360 express etc but it is difficult to know who has the best tours and can give good travel advice...

Thank you!

Thank you!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Try the Singgahsana Lodge.

http://www.singgahsana.com/

Have stayed there, didnt use their travel advice but I think they could be helpful so its worth emailing them to check.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
407 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

"Green Hill" area is a misnomer (Its smack right in the town centre!) but this place has got the most budget hotels and backpackers lodges in Kuching. Nomads, Tracks, Furama, B&B. etc. There's great food within walking distance like Green Hill Corner for hawkers food, Bla Bla Bla and The Junk for upmarket eatery, After Two for great snacks and dim sum. Tell your cabbie to drop you off here and shop around, sure you will get one to your liking.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Green Hill is a great area for eating, love the Laksa at Green Hill Corner!

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
407 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Agree with you KR, you must also try the beef kolo mee there!

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Green Hill Corner - think I have been there a few 100 times. Great food.

Look at Harbour View Hotel - a bit above your budget, but well worth the money.

If you can afford a bit more, the LIme Tree is where I stay.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

As esorlegin says, Lime Tree is very nice at a higher price.

Unfortunately esorlegin, can't agree with you on Harbour View! (based on my last visit) First stay at it in 2002 was great, as the hotel was still relatively new and fresh. However returning to it in 2008 it had deteriorated (at least the rooms I saw) Hopefully its had a refurb or at least some tidying up done since then, and if you manage to get a room with a view to the river (costs more) then it could still be a decent deal.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

I stayed at the Lime Tree in Feb this year and it is absolutely outstanding! (I have a review here on TA). I would absolutely recommend it to anyone, for the fantastic staff if nothing else! But the rooms are great, the service is top notch, I could go on. The price is pretty reasonable too, it is slightly more than budget, but a lot cheaper than the standard of the hotel deserves (I hope they keep it this way). It is a very easy walk to everywhere else in Kuching and just round the corner from two of the best eating places in Kuching (one of them being Top Spot of course!) They can also arrange day trips if you like too, I recommend the Sarawak cultural village (Wendy does the tour for them and is very very good) and the Orang rehab centre (although it is just as easy to do this independently if you wish?)

Sweden
Level Contributor
136 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 nights in Kuching - place to stay?

Thank you guys, we will look in to your suggestions!

What is the most beautiful central area to stay in Kuching - is it along the riverside?