We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

damai to bako

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
damai to bako

Hi

Planning to have a 4-day holiday in kuching and we will spend 2 nights at damai beach resort. Could any one suggest on how to go from damai beach resort to bako NP? Thanks !!

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: damai to bako

Suggest you e-mail the hotel - maybe, they run a boat around the headland.

Otherwise, it is a private hire (taxi) to Bako or taxi/bus into Kuching and then out to Bako by bus or taxi.

Either way, it is a messy journey.

You would be better advised to visit Bako from Kuching.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
945 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: damai to bako

Hi,

I guess it depends on your budget. If you want to do it cheaply go back to Kuching and take a public bus to Bako Bazaar in Kampung Bako from where there are hire boats.

If price isn't a concern, you're hotel at Damai Lagoon will be able to organise a charter.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: damai to bako

Hi thanks a lot for reply. I did contact the resort. And they do have trip to bako, which is RM250nt for returned transfer. Boat is RM96nt, entrance is RM10nt per person and guide is RM80nt. Do you think i could get a taxi from the resort to bako at cheaper price? thanks

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
945 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: damai to bako

Hi,

Is RM250 just for the taxi? If so, that is a rotten price. You could take the hotel shuttle into town and negotiate with a taxi if you didn't want to take the bus.

RM96 for the boat is a bad price as well. I also don't get why you would need a guide for Bako.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: damai to bako

Get a taxi into Kuching - rm45 each way. Go to Open air market for between 8am and 9am

Get no 6 bus to Baka Bazaar - rm2.5 (I think)

Register at the park desk - rm10

Get a boat - rm18 return per person.

You do NOT need a guide all the trails are easy to follow.

Arrange with the boat to pick you up at about 3.30 - 4pm. The LAST bus to Kuching is at 5pm.

Personaly, I would stay overnight.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
945 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: damai to bako

I would stay overnight as well. Remember to book accomodation in advance through the office in Kucking, however.

7. Re: damai to bako

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 10, 2010