We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wind & Fairy Caves

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
spore
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
Wind & Fairy Caves

Hi,

Anyone been to the Wind & Fairy Caves? Do share your experience. How far from Kuching City? How best to get there?

Thanks,

VK

singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wind & Fairy Caves

hey rayray,

i was there on tues and i booked the tour thru the tour desk in tunes hotel for RM90 per pax. It's about 45 mins drive away from kuching city and it probably would be cheaper to hire a taxi to and fro if you have a big group.

Wind cave was reallyyyy dark and we were provided the big torchlights, the small one i brought along wasn't of much help. I spent about 10 mins in this cave as it was really dark and scary, plus it was just me, my aunt and the driver in the cave! Basically walk along the platforms and see the bats for wind cave.

Fairy cave isn't dark except for the initial flight of steps (steps were wet and slippery!) to get up into the cave. Had to climb about 4-5 storeys worth of steps to get to the entrance of the cave, and the cave is full of steps to get around. Spent about 45 mins in this cave as we stopped to catch our breath and to take pictures.

both caves weren't exceptionally beautiful nor extra-ordinary, i wouldnt recommend the caves if u dont have enuff time considering the RM90 price tag. there are much more beautiful caves elsewhere..

hope this helps =)

spore
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wind & Fairy Caves

Thanks XiuKun.

Yes, was wondering if we should give them a miss. How's Tune at Kuching? We're also thinking of staying there in Oct for 2 nites. Heard it could be noisy at night... noise from the bars nearby.... any such problem?

Where else did you visit around Kuching?

singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wind & Fairy Caves

I posted a review for Tune, and the room is really what you see in the pictures. I didnt get a room with a window despite requesting it 3 times with the reception before checking in. My room was sort of it the centre and i could hear some of the music from the bars, and also the noise along the corridors - kids running around and closing of doors. I stayed for a night so it was still bearable..but generally i didn't find them as friendly as what others had posted despite going there with a smile.

i spent a day kayaking and went for the caves tour the next day. also went to damai beach, walked around chinatown, the waterfront bazaar and went to the spring mall. tt's about it cos there's nothing much else to do besides going on expensive tours!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wind & Fairy Caves

Hello RayRay,

I hope I can help, I have been to the Fairy Caves numerous times, to be exact, 6 times in the last 3 years on work and also holiday. Lovely place if you ask me for an exploration.

Best is to get a tour guide to take you there and if you need the number for my regular guide, send me a message. He is not cheap too but they are very professional.

You can read about this in my Sarawak Fairy Caves blog in my signature if you like. Have a fun trip there.

Regards,

David

…blogspot.com/2009/07/fairy-cave-at-kuching-…

spore
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wind & Fairy Caves

Thanks as always, infomalaysia. Your blog entries are ever so detailed & comprehensive!! Great job!! The next time I am planning a trip, I shall just explore the attractions from your blog. Haha...

6. Re: Wind & Fairy Caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, February 27, 2010