Taxi is the quickest way. You can also pay a van driver to take you there. The vans are usually parked waiting for passengers near the old mosque (ask your way to Electra House) near the waterfront. It is within walking distance from Hilton.
I have just returned from Kuching yesterday.
Option 1: shuttle
Based on info gathered from airport, there is a shuttle that brings passenger from Grand Margerita (former Holiday Inn) and Riverside Majestic located in city centre (both hotels are near Hilton), to Damai Sarawak Cultural Village and Damai Beach Resort. RM12 each way, RM20 return, children pay half the price.
Permai Rain Forest Resort is next to SCV, you can walk from SCV if the driver doesn't stop outside Permai.
Schedule starts from 7:30am to 10pm.
For more info, u can call 013-8206019/6.
Option 2: taxi
Like what MySarawak has mentioned, get u there quickly. About RM50 1-way as I understand.
Option 3: mini van/bus
Our group of 10 did this. The only driver we found available when we reached Electra House (after touching down in the evening) is Mr Jamil (reliable, punctual), he has an old bus, no aircon, we used him, round trip cost RM70. Make sense if you have a big group. His contact: 012-8578374. You can check out other drivers that drive newer vehicle for better comfort.
The shuttle also stops at the Singgahsana Lodge which is also near by the Hilton. It runs about once an hour.
HI, about peramia rainforest resort, are full , but we can book from another web site ? form the own website the hotel is full on treehouse.
And someone knows how far is Satang island from Damai beach with boat ?
thanks so much and sorry for my english
Federica from italy
You may want to email or call them to book or inquire about the treehouses rather than use an external website. Many establishments are not connected or networked well with their external partners.
Never been to Satang so sorry, can't help you with that. Access to the island is restricted however, as it is a protected turtle sanctuary. You may be able to get a boat from the resort to take you snorkeling in the waters near the island however, but not land on the island. The resort will be able to give you all the relevant info.
Thanks so much!
I have worte to the paramai hotel for book and then tell me that are full... but we can have teh confirmation yet..
So I think if there i can book at paramai but from another agency..but i dont know how!
So on the island we cannot go on the land but only for snorkeling?
I think we can visit the stang island...
Satang Island (Malay: Pulau Satang):
- Just only Pulau Satang Besar (Big Satang Island) is open to tourists. The rest of the island is restricted to visitors as "it is a protected turtle sanctuary".
** "Pulau" means "Island" in Malay.
1. Pulau Satang Besar is just a 30-minute boat ride from Damai Beach.
2. Visitors to Pulau Satang must obtain a permit and pay any fees at the National Parks Booking Office in Kuching.
** National Parks Booking Office: Visitors Information Centre, Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg, 93000 Kuching Sarawak
** Tel: (+6) 082 248088
** Online booking: http://ebooking.com.my
3. There is no regular boat service to Pulau Satang and visitors have to travel in an organised tour. Many Kuching Travel Operators did run the day tour to the island.
4. For Diving and Snorkelling:
- Scuba diving and snorkelling are confined within the designated zone only. No water recreation activities are allowed outside the zone in the interests of conservation. Scuba divers must be accompanied by an approved dive guide. Diving tanks, BCDs and regulators can be rented from the Sarawak Forestry operations office on the island, but must be booked in advance.
For more information about Pulau Setang: www.sarawakforestry.com/htm/snp-np-satang.asp
For more informatuon about the day tour: http://www.borneo.com.au/sarawak/tours/kch8
** Dear chicamarco, Welcome to Kuching **
From: henrytanck (Malaysia)
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.