We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa requirements for Borneo

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Paisley
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Visa requirements for Borneo

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but hope someone can help. Can you please let me know if I need a Visa to enter Borneo. I am leaving sunday so i hope not! I am flying first to Kuala Lumpur and then four days leter to Kuching. Will they let me in? have booked it all myself not through travel aganets as they couldn't helop me as I only booked it yesterday so I am not sure if I am going to fall at the final hurdle in my quest to finally get to borneo after 5 years of waiting!Thanks in advance and are there any places a single female on her own in both places shouldn't go? It's always handy to know before I go awandering!

Paisley
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visa requirements for Borneo

Sorry i was too late. I was also going to stay at permai but didn't have enough time but it certainly is better considering the short time you are in Kuching. It is only about 30 minutes or so away from kuching and is reasonably close to the cultural centre which is well worth a visit a beautiful place and you can learn so much about the tribes here. I heard mixed reviews about the place while I was there but the Australian family I met said they loved it there and think they offered the most realistic view point than the other people who i think were expecting a five star resort. I am sure it will be great and the fact that it's on the beach will be superb. Hope you have a great time and be sure when in Kuching to pop into the james brookes bistro cafe bar the food is excellent and great place to sit and watch the world go by and the sun set. Oh how I wish i was back there! Have a great time

12. Re: Visa requirements for Borneo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, March 30, 2010