We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn or Somerset Gateaway apartment

Which Kuching hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perlis
1 post
Save Topic
Holiday Inn or Somerset Gateaway apartment

I'll be in Kuching from 11 to 14 June but have yet to decide which is the better place to stay (Holiday Inn or Somerset Gateway apartment). Am going with my husband, 2 adult daughters and my mum.Holiday Inn is near waterfront but room is deluxe with 2 queen beds (have requested for extra bed). Somerset is 3-bedroom apartment but I hear is nearer to tourist sites. Are the sites of walking distance? Don't want to tire my mum. Please help.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
407 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn or Somerset Gateaway apartment

Holiday Inn and Sommerset are actually quite close to each other, about 5 minutes' walk apart. But if your mum tires easily, use the Holiday Inn where she can walk to the nice waterfront without crossing the busy streets that would have entails if you were to stay at Sommerset.

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
179 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn or Somerset Gateaway apartment

Agreed w Laksa.

Sommerset check in counter is at higher floor (4th if I am right)... but its more homely. U can even cook! as its a servcie apartment. To most tourist spots, its a `little' bit inconv when u hav ea senior citizen coz it requires more walking.

Holiday Inn - not so new anymore and they haven't spend much upgrading. Offers good river view (if u can get 1) and as laksa said, its convenience (but only to most commercial centres and not tourist spots)..

Nevertheless, I would opt for Sommerset for a homely feeling since u mentioned its a family trip and you get 3 rooms instead of 1 giant room.

Welcome to land of Hornbills :)

3. Re: Holiday Inn or Somerset Gateaway apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, September 30, 2009