We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour Guide Advice Please

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
London
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour Guide Advice Please

Hi All,

I am going to Sarawak in May and I am thinking off booking a 3 day tour with James Chee (saratour68@yahoo.com). I was just wondering if anyone else had booked a tour with him and what they thought? He has informed me that he is a freelance non-lisenced tour guide, so I just wanted to double check with others before booking with him.

Thanks so much

Charlotte

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour Guide Advice Please

Hello LondonUK

I have read your post and started to search here in TA, I found a reply from "Sarawak Expert Destination" recommending James Chee in post number 7 and another tourist used James Chee while he was in Kuching, check the same thread post number 14. Check out the link below;

Thread link;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298309-i9318-k690…

there is another recommendation from another tourist in the same thread. Check out reply number 1, they are recommending "Jihey Ridup". You can email both and check out the prices.

Have a nice holiday.

Edited: 7:11 am, April 14, 2014
Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,655 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour Guide Advice Please

You can trust James to offer you a wide and varied experience. He is honest and speaks very good English.

He can also take you to places that other guides don't bother with as they stick to the regular tourist destinations.

San Diego...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tour Guide Advice Please

Ive booked and paid for a tour with James in August so I hope its all ok! We talk regularly and he always responds to my emails even though ive paid already so i dont think you need to worry.

4. Re: Private Tour Guide Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 24, 2015