We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu flights

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu flights

Can anyone advise if there are flights from Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu and who the carrier is. I looked at Air Asia and Malaysian Airlines but neither operate this route.

I know I can fly from Tawau to KK but this is a couple of hours away from Lahad Datu

Cheers

Roger

Mentioned in this post
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
Franschhoek, South...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu flights

Hi Roger-Sydney

Yes, you can fly the route - I had some friends do it a few months back - who is the carrier?

This is a good question, and the answer is Fly Asian Express (or Fax) - have a look at their website - www.flyasianxpress.com/site/en/fax/home.jsp

They're a sister company of Air Asia, so it's the same no frills service and low prices you'd expect. They do run Malaysia Airlines fleet of Fokkers and what are the others, Twin Otters? Short flights though, so barable.

They have some other interesting destinations too.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu flights

Thank you EoW

Can always rely upon your expertise and local knowledge

The schedule for Lahad Datu is have been retimed until after 31 January so I will book after this date once their usual schedule resumes.

Cheers

Roger

3. Re: Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 24, 2009