We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sepilok orangutan sanctuary

wiltshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
sepilok orangutan sanctuary

hi we are going to borneo in September and staying at the Shangri la tarung aru resort can anybody tell me can we book tours to sepilok from there and if so how much would we have to pay many thanks.......ray

38 replies to this topic
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,746 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

Shangri la tarung aru resort is at kota kinabalu,there is a orangr Utan sauntary there, but you you wish to travel to Sepilok you need to take a flight from Kota kinabalu to Sandakan where Sepilok is based

Map of Sabah

sabahtravelguide.com/en/mapguide/_sabah.php

Edited: 10:50 am, July 07, 2016
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,746 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

https://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Attraction_Re…

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

Hi Ray, we will be there the first to weeks in Sept , we have booked our own flights with air Asia to go to sepilok for the day , very cheap .

wiltshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

hi

many thanks for the info I have been trying to decide whether to book it from here or wait till we get there

you see we want the hole package pickup from are hotel and flights and pick up at the other end

all the best ......ray

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

There is no longer an Orang U Tan sanctuary. It closed in March due to the success of the rehabilitation program and the being so few young/orphaned Orangs available.

You will have to go to Sandakan (Sepilok). There is a travel shop in the resort at Tanjung Aru and you will be able to book day trip[s from thete.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

hi many thanks for the info that is what we will probably do

any idea how much it will cost cheers.....ray

west australia perth
Level Contributor
659 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

G,DAY.

Yes you can book a tour at your KK hotel but they will charge you about $250RM each. We have been many times all you need to do is book the flights to Sandakan and take a taxi from the airport { $30RM } to Sepilok.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

hi many thanks will definitely be booking it there cheers......ray

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
148 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

Hi Ray, we are going early next year, have booked our flights already with air aisia for a day return,very cheap €55 pp return it's a 40min flight. We booked a day trip with Borneo dreams. Pick up from airport transfer to sepilok for morning, lunch then transfer to another wildlife sanctuary Labuk Bay and then back to airport for about €100 pp. Day trips can be booked on www.borneodream.com

Enjoy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sepilok orangutan sanctuary

I've just booked and paid for a day trip to the orangutan sanctuary and proboscus monkey sanctuary through Borneo dreams. They have acknowledged my booking but say they also want the full name, passport number, date of birth and nationality of both of us. They will be picking us up from the Sandakan airport, they have our money, so I'm confused as to why they need all that personal information.

Has anyone else had to do that?

Reply to: sepilok orangutan sanctuary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted