We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for Klias Wetlands

Tokyo
5 posts
Save Topic
Advice for Klias Wetlands

I am coming to KK for 3 days, 3 nights on the 15th of Dec. My bf and I are going to get a hire car to get around. We want to do a trip to Klias Wetlands so just wanting to know if we can drive there ourselves and join a tour from there or if we should join a tour from our hotel. We are getting our own car to cut out all the travelling time from the buses as we thought it would be quicker to drive ourselves. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for Klias Wetlands

The tours of the Klias Wetlands are in boats that hold 8 or 10 people.

If you travel with a tour company you will share the cost of the boat with others.

If you go one your own, you may be the only peole in the boat which will cost a lot more or you may not be able to get a boat as the tour companies will have them all reserved.

Also, by the nature of the wetlands, the village you depart from is well off main roads and may not be easy to find on your own

The tour does not finish to after dark and that will mean you will be driving back to KK in the dark.. It is agood 2 hour drive.

You don't say where you are staying but if it is at one of the resorts there will be a travel desk which can arrange the tour. The csot will be from MR185 to MR210 per person depending where you are staying hotel to hotel.

Tokyo
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for Klias Wetlands

Bigw,

Thanks so much for your info. We are staying at Shangri La Rasa Ria resort. Definately sounds better to go on an organised tour from the resort. Again, thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it.

Kylie

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for Klias Wetlands

If yuo are staying at the Rasa Ria there is a travel shop behind the resort shop, just past the resort activities desk. I have used them for tours without problems.

4. Re: Advice for Klias Wetlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 17, 2009