We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aug12-14

Philippines
1 post
Save Topic
Aug12-14

Hi,

I'll be visiting the place this August 12 with my husband and 6 year old daughter and will be leaving on Aug 14 2am.

Need help what place to visit to maximize our stay. BTW we will be staying in Jalan Padang area.

Your response is highly appreciated:)

Thanks

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,113 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aug12-14

If you have a look on the right of the page (Full Screen View) you will find Top Questions. There is a lot of information on things to do.

Kota Kinabalu...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aug12-14

Hi Myra,

Within Kota Kinabalu city, you can visit the Filipino market and KK Waterfront. If your family likes seafood, you can have a sumptuous meal at Ocean Seafood Village or Welcome Seafood Restaurant.

However, most of the nice things to see are outside of the city, as Kota Kinabalu is a small town. You can book day trips to different parts around Kota Kinabalu region with the local operators here. I would recommend the following tours:

- Visit to Kinabalu National Park & Poring Hot Springs (Malaysia's first UNESCO heritage site)

- Twin Island hopping at Tunku Abdul Rahman Park (20 minutes boat ride from KK city)

- Sunset wildlife river cruise along "The Little Kinabatagan" of KK (can see Proboscis Monkeys & Fireflies)

Hope this helps!

3. Re: Aug12-14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu