We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rasa Ria

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Rasa Ria

Hello! We're planning a few days in the Rasa Ria in August, can anyone advise whether it is worthwhile paying extra for either the Garden view rooms or the Ocean View rooms? Or are we ok going with the standard Rainforest rooms?

Also, I'm not sure if any immunisations or malaria meds are required for the trip?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rasa Ria

If you want to have a seaview with beautiful sunset its worth to book a seaview room and it will be more quite to be in a higher level, but most of all I advice you, if you can afford it, to book the ocean wing or take an upgrade if you arrive because you get so much more extras. The room in the Ocean Wing is amazing! Three times as big as the Garden Wing rooms and with a very big balcony with daybed and big bathtub. Ocean Wing has its own pool and a just new opened jacuzzipool only for Ocean Wing guests. There are constructions still going on at this part of the hotel, but at this moment ther is not a lot noise from it. If you don't want to hear anything from the constructions then I advice you to book in the Garden Wing. At this moment I stay in the Rasa Ria and we took an upgrade from a Garden wing sea view room to an Ocean Wing room, after seeing both rooms, and glad we did! Staying at the highest level which has an amazing view!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rasa Ria

Thank you for your advice Lynn, I hope you are having a great holiday! You would recommend the Rasa Ria?

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rasa Ria

Yes, for sure. You will have a great time at Rasa Ria!

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rasa Ria

We were told don't worry about the meds for Malaria. We will be staying here from 6th -14th July.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rasa Ria

Any meds have are the usuals one should have anywhere unless there is some reason you can't have them. Tetanus and Polio and I also have Hep A and Typhoid.

Check with your Doctor as you may have adverse reactions or they may be contrary to other meds you may already be using.

Just returned from an extended stay at Rasa Ria in a Garden Wing Ocean view room. Fantastic time.

You will also find lots of information about Rasa Ria under Top Questions on the right of the page.

6. Re: Rasa Ria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 27, 2015