We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa and vaccinations

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visa and vaccinations

When traveling from South Africa on SA Passport do you require a visa to visit Kota Kinabalu? Are any vaccinations required?

Mentioned in this post
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa and vaccinations

KK is Malaysia and as such, South Africans have a 'visa free 3 month' stay.

Mentioned in this post
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,405 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa and vaccinations

You will be given a 90 day "permit to stay stamp" in your passport on arrival either in KL on arrival, if in transit or KK on arrival if you fly direct.

Vaccinations - check with you own Medical Practitioner. We do not know your medical history or any other medication you may be on and are other travellers not Medical Practitioners.

Edited: 1:35 am, March 24, 2014
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa and vaccinations

I have an Indian passport and I am working in West Malaysia with Employment pass and my wife has a dependent visa . Planned to visit Kota Kinabalu next month. Do we need to apply visa here or am i eligible for on arrival visa. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
4. Re: Visa and vaccinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 11, 2015
;