We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from KK

Trebon, Czech...
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from KK

Hi,

We would like to spend some time in KK (5 days) and would like to do some day trips away from KK. This is my ideas:

- we dont want to join any group tours

- we would like to rent a car (we are 4 persons), but cant drive (left side driving), so driver (guide drive is essential)

Places to be visited (my suggestions):

- some nice rural rice paddies (I dont expect rice terraces)

- Monsopiad Cultural Village

- Kinarut megalith statue (there should be more of them around) - I dont know possition

- Beaufort to Tenom railway (and back, I assume car cant get through and should go around)

- Rafflesia Forest Reserve Centre - worth to visit it?

- Mahua waterfalls - worth to visit it?

- Mengkabong and/or Panimbawan villages

- Kudat penninsula (Rungus Longhouses, gong village, tip of Borneo) - is it safe area?

We dont want to climb Mt. Kinabalu. Before Sabah we spent 10 days in Sarawak doing Rajang river cruise, Bako Ntl. park and Niah Ntl. Park so we would omit further jungle treks in Sabah.

It is possible to stay overnight somewhere on the way, we are OK with very simple comfort (we dont expect hot water shower in a village).

How does it sound? Any recommendation (nice valleys, photogenic scenes ...)?

Thanks a lot!

Richard

1. Re: Day trips from KK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu