We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deals on sutera harbour resort?

morpeth...
Level Contributor
126 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
deals on sutera harbour resort?

hello all

i am hoping to stay at the sutera harbour resort on my 40th birthday on sept 15th.can anyone advise where i can find the best deal for this hotel as my budget is stretched to the limit just getting to asia.my wife would be very grateful also,as the more we save on hotels the more she can spend on herself.

many regards david.

Franschhoek, South...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

Hi zipstobhill

You can shop around, in fact, start right here on tripadvisor, then move across to expedia and the other guys and see what you can find.

Armed with that information, check out worldhotels.com (they are in partnership with them) to see what you can find there, and once you've collected the best deals around the net.

You can also contact them on reservations@suteraharbour.com.my, but chances are you best deals are on the net.

Good luck, and see you in KK !!

Darwin Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

I've stayed at the Sutera Magellan a number of times - will be back there again next week for work.

For holidays earlier this year I used "Ping Anchorage" - a travel agency in Malaysia. After a lot of searching they came up with great prices on a range of hotels in different parts of Sabah. Flight Centre in Australia came up with a better price for the Sutera Magellan by a few dollars, but at the moment I reckon Ping Anchorage would be the best place to start.

pinganchorage.com.my/hotel_reservation.htm

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

I've been booking mostly with asiaroom.com for the past several years.

I've found them to have the lowest internet rate except for hotel chains that advertise "lowest internet rate guarenteed"on their web sites e.g. holiday inn group,hyatt and starwood.

Franschhoek, South...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

Hi zipstobhill

To satisfy my own curiousity, here's the result from the net on SHR's cheapest room (Pacific Golf View:

Ping Anchorage RM315 per room per night without brekkie;

Ping Anchorage RM379 per room per night with brekkie;

*not a live booking, enquire also about applicable dates

The rest was from Sept 5 to 12 (but all Sep is the same):

Asiarooms.com @ RM479 per room per night with brekkie;

Worldhotels.com @ RM 400 per room per night no brekkie;

expedia.com @ RM400 per room per night, no brekkie;

Might be worthwhile to contact the hotel direct and see what they can give you.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

zipstobhill

I don't know where you are posting from, but QANTAS Holidays in Australia are offing rooms at Pacific Sutera (golf view including breakfast) at $A104 per night, that's around MR290, from 1 April 06 to 21 Dec 06 and 4 Jan 07 to 31 Mar 07.

This is cheaper than anything above. See your travel agent as I do and you will probably get the best deals.

You would need to book quickly as I think payment has to be made 4 weeks in advance to get these rates.

UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

Try the hotel section on airasia.com. I have booked for this August in the Pacific wing including breakfast for 390RM per night including tax and service. They offer the Magellan wing (462RM) and the Pacific is as detailed.

I would expect prices to be lower in September.

Darwin Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

Word of caution - although I haven't stayed in the Pacific wing, impression I have is that it is more a "business" hotel, whereas the ambience of the Magellan wing is more of a resort. (Note that the two "wings" are in fact quite separate hotels.)

Rooms in the Pacific are always a bit cheaper, and I guess that says something in itself. On the other hand, you still have access to all the Sutera Harbour facilities, so if budget is the priority then the cheapest room at the Pacific might be best.

Also, if staying at the Magellan, highly recommend including breakfast - I'm not normally a breakfast eater, but at the Magellan the breakfast is a great way to start the day!

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

Further to my comments above.

I always stay at the Pacific Wing. The advantages are It is cheaper, All public areas are airconditioned (not so at Magellan), the breakfast at Cafe Boleh is athing to behold, I believe that the staff are more friendly, the rooms are large and very comfortable, you still get access to all resort facilities.

Disadvantages are, it is older than Magellan, there is a proportion of business travellers (don't know if this is a disadvantage or not), although quite afew holiday makers.

PS the room rates I quoted are all up costs.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

Hi David, here is another website with differing room rates for SHR:-

www.marimari.com/asp/malaysia/rate.asp…

I hope other TA members do not come into a squabble over room rates--as can be seen the wide variance in room rates, of EastofWest and bigw.

Candidly speaking with the advent of the Net, there are countless hotels online booking sites, and one boutique hotel in an island off west coast of Malaysia, have decided for rooms bookings from about 21 online would not be accepted, and their rates will prevail when guest check-in.

Here is another one:- directrooms.com/malaysia/hotels/pacific-sute…

And

directrooms.com/malaysia/hotels/magellan-sut…

with low price guarantee statement

morpeth...
Level Contributor
126 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: deals on sutera harbour resort?

thank you all.

you have all been great in supplying some great websites and deals.we are gonna try booking through ping anchorage as this seems the best deal.the wife has already spent any savings i am sure to make.

regards david and perla.