We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport time to transfer

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Airport time to transfer

Hi, arriving in KK at 0630 in July and would like to catch the 0730 plane to Sandakan. Do you think I would make it??

Thanks

Wilma

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport time to transfer

No, especially if you need to go through immigration. Check in closes about an hour or so before the flight.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport time to transfer

Even if I ran?? Thought not but thanks.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport time to transfer

If you are flying with Malaysia airlines, have boarding passes issued for the whole trip (check in on line) and check your bags right through and if the flight is on time you can do it. Immigration at KK is usually very quick and it is all in the same terminal.

If you are changing airlines in particular Air Asia to Malaysia you will not make it.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport time to transfer

Both flights ar Malaysian but wont let me book consecutively so they must think can't be done? Just a shame to hang around airport for hours.

5. Re: Airport time to transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 31, 2014