We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Borneo Railway - Steam Train Ride timing

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
North Borneo Railway - Steam Train Ride timing

Hi,

I'll be in KK from a wed to sat in dec. I've read that the steam train only operates on Wednesdays and Saturdays, which happen to be on the day I arrive and leave KK.

I'll like to check how far is the journey from the railway station to the city centre? I understand the ride will end at the station at about 2pm. So, I'm thinking if I can still make it back to the hotel in the city centre, then head to airport to catch my flight at 8pm (think i'll need to reach airport by 6.30-7pm).

Does anyone here think this is too ambitious or is it possible? Appreciate your help! Thanks!

Edited: 10:17 am, November 18, 2013
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Borneo Railway - Steam Train Ride timing

You will have plenty of time.

The railway station is at Tanjung Aru, not near the resort but on the road to the airport from the city. It is only 5km from the city.

2. Re: North Borneo Railway - Steam Train Ride timing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, November 23, 2013
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Borneo Railway - Steam Train Ride timing

Please read trip advisor posting guidelines.

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Borneo Railway - Steam Train Ride timing

okay sorry i did not know that. but since i am working with a travel agent and we do sell this tour ya why not people can ask me what. sorry if my post offended you.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
28 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Borneo Railway - Steam Train Ride timing

Train station is very near to the city centre. I could say it's 5-10 minutes drive on a clear traffic. And if u fly tru KLIA T1, its 10min drive. But make sure how u will go to ur htl fr the train station. If by hotel pick-up or included in the tour, guess it shud be no problem. But if by public transportation, taxi is not many around the station but public mini buses (red coloured van) are always available on the other side of the road of the station. U could always ask at the station counter.

Hope this help n enjoy ur trip in KK!

6. Re: North Borneo Railway - Steam Train Ride timing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 28, 2014