We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penimbawan water village advice

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Penimbawan water village advice

Has anyone been to the Penimbawan water village> Was it worth it> We will be staying at Rasa Ria, and from what I understand it is just a bit north of that. Any suggestions on how to go there cheaply and easily with my husband and toddler> I'm also hoping it is not too long of a trip... a couple hours or so would be great from start to finish.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Penimbawan water village advice

Aww, I just heard that the government demolished this village and relocated it on land. I heard the Mengkabong water village is overrun with visitors and not that great to see any more. Any other water villages that we could easily see near Tuaran or KK>

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,830 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penimbawan water village advice

Unfortunately, They have moved the villagers onto the land and the water village no longer exists. This has become the normal situation around Kota Kinabalu. Apart from Mengkabong, no others in the area as far as I know. There is still a large water village on Gaya Island but is not a very desirable place.

Trebon, Czech...
Level Contributor
64 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penimbawan water village advice

Would you recommend other water village if Penimbawan doesnt exist anymore? Mengkabong? I hope to visit water village in BSB, so perhaps we can leave water village in Sabah?

Thanks

4. Re: Penimbawan water village advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 30, 2015