We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf at the Magellan Sutera Harbour, KK

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, Lancashire
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
golf at the Magellan Sutera Harbour, KK

I am visiting the sutera harbour hotel in July 2006 and intend taking in a game of golf or two at the resort. Is it better to book the golf prior to arrival or is it easier/cheaper to book on arrival?

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf at the Magellan Sutera Harbour, KK

Hi Lever1

As a) one of the best locations for golf in Kota Kinabalu, and b) the nearest one to the city centre, the Sutera Harbour's course is quite popular.

I would therefore recommend that you at least make a reservation for your game prior to your arrival, just to avoid potential dissapointment if the course is fully booked during your stay.

If you already have a reservation at the hotel, you can email the details to golf@suteraharbour.com.my (obtained from their website) and ask to make a reservation. You can also get quotes this way, was well as ask them about dress code. They are rather strict about that. I also read another user posted that if your spouse, for instance, wanted to watch, she as well would have to wear appropriate apparel.

The facility has 27 holes, 18 of which are covered by flood-lights, which means you can play up to as late as 10pm.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf at the Magellan Sutera Harbour, KK

Hi Lever1

As a) one of the best locations for golf in Kota Kinabalu, and b) the nearest one to the city centre, the Sutera Harbour's course is quite popular.

I would therefore recommend that you at least make a reservation for your game prior to your arrival, just to avoid potential dissapointment if the course is fully booked during your stay.

If you already have a reservation at the hotel, you can email the details to golf@suteraharbour.com.my (obtained from their website) and ask to make a reservation. You can also get quotes this way, was well as ask them about dress code. They are rather strict about that. I also read another user posted that if your spouse, for instance, wanted to watch, she as well would have to wear appropriate apparel.

The facility has 27 holes, 18 of which are covered by flood-lights, which means you can play up to as late as 10pm.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: golf at the Magellan Sutera Harbour, KK

Hi lever1, if you are a member of golf clubs, back home, do check with any is affiliated with this golf course, then they would be in a better position to advise and also preferential green fees and buggy usage.

I always do it this way, when I go for a golfing vacation to the States, England and Europe and around Asia.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: golf at the Magellan Sutera Harbour, KK

As golfers we are all too aware with attire on the greens and the green laws and regulations.

Also, make sure you bring your log book and your last handicap record.

5. Re: golf at the Magellan Sutera Harbour, KK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 14, 2009