We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return to airport after Mt. Kinabalu

Hong Kong, null...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Return to airport after Mt. Kinabalu

Hi

I was wondering if we could get to the airport from the Kinabalu park the same day as the climb to the summit?

How much time should I leave to get to the airport from Mt. Kinabalu. If I book a flight leaveing KK at 5:30 does that give me enough time?

Thanks in advance!

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return to airport after Mt. Kinabalu

Hi,

It all depends how fast you get down back to Timpohom Gate. To cath a flight around 5.30pm,you'll need to leave Kinabalu Park at 1pm. Would suggest to book a later flight instead. Or next morning would be best.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Return to airport after Mt. Kinabalu

I agree with Sabah_Girl. You will be very rushed. I suggest you book a flight the next day.

Hong Kong, null...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Return to airport after Mt. Kinabalu

Thanks! Unfortunately we can't find a direct flight home at the right time. Looks like we'll have to stay another day in KK after all. Better this way I suppose, so we don't have to rush down the mountain.

4. Re: Return to airport after Mt. Kinabalu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 11, 2014