We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi or driver for hire for one day?

5 posts
Save Topic
taxi or driver for hire for one day?

Hi, my husband and I will be in KK for five days next month. I got a quote from one tour company to hire a car and driver for 10 hours around KK city center - the cost would be RM 378 (the driver would also act as a tour guide for this price quote). We don't want to rent our own car but are there cheaper options? Such as hiring a taxi driver for the day? We'd only need this for one of our days in KK; the purpose is to get around the city center and further to check out the yummy restaurants that we've been reading about in all the food blogs! Thank you!

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,369 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi or driver for hire for one day?

KK Centre is a very small area. You can walk from one end to the other in 30 minutes or so. You don't need a taxi driver to get you around in the city.

2. Re: taxi or driver for hire for one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 23, 2014