We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Borneo, Malaysia

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Borneo, Malaysia

help pls, seen an offer for this hotel with H & J at £898 on room only. Never been to this are before so no idea of cost of things can anyone help us with what we are likely to need for meals and drinks other that visiting the orang-utan's and Elephants we want to chill out

thanks in aevance for your replies

susan

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Borneo, Malaysia

Kota Kinabalu is an eco tourism destination and therefore do expect plenty of nature based outdoor activities from water sports at the neighbouring islands of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park to trekking/climbing Mt Kinabalu and even in search of wildlife in Kinabatangan, the heart of Borneo. F&B are of course plentiful in and around town and are reasonably priced. You can check pointers on Things To Do in this forum or visit the following site for more information - www.sabahtourism.com

Edited: 9:37 am, October 27, 2012
Singapore
Level Contributor
291 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Borneo, Malaysia

How long are they offering for 898 (room only)?? That's more than my monthly household income....

I'm not a fan of big resorts, so I can't comment on that; but in town a mid-range hotel will be between RM100-200 (20 - 40GBP) per night. An medium-upper local restaurant such as Brass Monkey or Little Italy is RM50-100 with all the trimmings.

I'm guessing you're not looking for budget, but to give you a sense of proportion, the cheapest (yet still clean and functional) beds in the city are RM22 (4.4quid) per night. And you can have a litre of beer and a plate of noodles for RM16(3.2quid)....

UK
Level Contributor
619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Borneo, Malaysia

\that price includes long haul filight from UK and transfers to and from the airport and 7 nights inTanjung Aru. When you consider the price of the hotel per night, this looks like a good deal from here.

manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Borneo, Malaysia

thanks I think it is a good deal but what we are trying to work out is what will we spend whilst there

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Drinks

U.K.
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Borneo, Malaysia

I think the answer to your question is if you intend staying and eating your meals at the Tanjung Aru is a lot eat outside at other places and pay half or less.

Hotel Prices for food and drinks are really expensive in KK my advice would be get out and about and try the local food.

6. Re: Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Borneo, Malaysia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 01, 2013