We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

Level Contributor
181 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

Hey guys, I am off to the Philippines on the 15th-27th of January. I was thinking of going to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights from 24-26. Is it worth it? I found tickets for £43 only and the hotel is not that expensive either.. from £30 onward. Would 2 days be worth it here? I've never heard off the place before but thought it'd be a nice extra thing to do seeing as it's so close and cheap from there.

What is there to do there?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
65 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

There is Mount Kinabalu, the highest peak in Malaysia (if im not mistaken).

Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

The highest peak in South East Asia actually.. 2 days is too short, lots of attractions. Nature and wildlife is very popular attraction.

Edited: 4:13 pm, October 11, 2012
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,262 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

Have alook at top questions on the right of the page and the Green section on the left of the page. Lots of Ideas. Can't be found on a "smart"phone. You need a real computer.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

I found it a really relaxed placed sitting on waterfront at night enjoyable. The trip to see mt kinalabu pleasant and cultural centre a nice intro to history and the culture of borneo

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,019 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

Does the 2 days include the flights or is it 2 whole days?

Will you be prepared to travel again in those 2 days? It is a lovely friendly country, the museum in KK is big & facinating, mostly outdoors. There used to be a small reasonably priced cafe there for lunch, not sure if it still is. You can go to the islands snorkeling from KK. If you are a good swimmer and have a pair of goggles. Good coral & sponges. The pearl market is definitely worth a look & some great bargains in the shopping centre.

Otherwise the best to be seen involves a bit of travel eg the orangutans, but worth it.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

Your best options at such short timing would be visiting Kinabalu National Park and Mari Mari Cultural Village. These two options would give you a closer and better understanding about Sabah's nature and culture.

7. Re: Philippines to Kota Kinabalu for 2 nights!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 15, 2013
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor