We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Shangri La's Rasa Ria - Nexus Resort

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Benitachell Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Shangri La's Rasa Ria - Nexus Resort

I hope there is someone out there who will see this - I notice that previous posts are quite old !! here goes anyway; I have been informed by my Travel Agent that extensive work is being carried out at the Shangri including one whole wing during our stay in Feb 2013 therefore would we like to re book to Nexus spa resort - I have read some reviews re Nexus some negative, but then you get that, but the comment that it is far from restaurants etc should that be a concern ? - we are staying four nights and then due to return for another 2 ! so do we change to Nexus or keep our reservation at the Shangri, in 'the Superior Rainforest View room' (at the Nexus we have been offered the Spa Room) and hope that the extensive works don't affect us ? any comments happilly received :) thanks you

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Shangri La's Rasa Ria - Nexus Resort

There was a similar post on the renovation in Shang, a couple of weeks back. BigW answered it if I was not mistaken.

Both Nexus snd Shang are far from restos. Both offer very nice facilities but since Shang is under renovation, I will vote for Nexus. Stay at Nexus, you wont regret it.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Shangri La's Rasa Ria - Nexus Resort

If you are in a rainforest view room, which is in the Garden Wing, the works which are extensions to the Ocean WIng at the very southern end of the resort, will be a long way from your room and should not worry you. They are also along way from the Garden Wing pool and restaurants and from the nature reserve.

guildford
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Shangri La's Rasa Ria - Nexus Resort

I have just returned from 8 nights at the ras ria,there was only a little work going on by the pool,you hardly noticed it, I stayed in a superior rainforest room,see my review on it,I would change rooms as ours was that bad,we hated it,even the bed sheets were ripped I took photos of them,mold in shower on sealant carpets badly stained could go on & on,I will not use them again as it was that bad,not having your bed made by 5pm is annoying.the rest of the hotel is better. The orangs were lovely,baby elephant has just been rescued there. Also on nocturnal tour they had a loverly surprise of a leopard cat.it was young & so loverly, ten ten was looking very happy with the keepers.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Shangri La's Rasa Ria - Nexus Resort

Bad review for Nexus? I guess it must be the old wing, the old rooms are a little run down.

But if you are offered a Spa Suite, go for it! I love every bit of it! I have always feel that Nexus Spa Suite and Pool Villa is among the best in Sabah.

In Spa Suite you'll have your own in room jacuzzi & sauna. Amazing Sea View!

I am a Sabahan, i grow up around sea views, but this one definitely repeatedly takes my breath away.

Have a good time in Sabah!

Nickie

5. Re: Hotel Shangri La's Rasa Ria - Nexus Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, December 14, 2013