We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nexus In August

Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Nexus In August

Hi. Going to stay at the Nexus for 8 nights in the last week of August. I've been reading the posts here and haven't read anything on the Nexus. Is it a dump or something wrong with it. I would like to hear from people that have been there pls. Also what makes this the best time to be here ( is the weather better)

Regards Kevin

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nexus In August

My partner and I stayed at the Nexus in 2001 as part of a multi itinerary. We have stayed in both Shangri-la's and visited the Magellan so can compare them all.

We felt that the Nexus was the most stunning, with so much grounds and luxurious facilities. At the time of our stay the main accommodation 'block' was in dire need of refurbishment, (which I believe may have been done now), but the layout and design of the Borneo Villa accommodation was fantastic.

Suitability of accommodation is a personal thing and although the Nexus was the best asthetically and the staff were willing to please, we prefer Shangri-La properties because of how the staff make us feel which has been consistant in 5 of thier hotels that I have stayed in.

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nexus In August

Dear Kevin,

Totally agree with purrfectune..we stayed there six weeks ago,and had a wonderful time.We also stayed at the Rasa Ria,and would find it hard to choose between the two,the main difference i think being that the Nexus has (and this is no criticism)a slightly corporate feel to it.Try and book ..or upgrade to..a Borneo room,they are lovely,with the most enormous walk in shower.Also,if you like sea food,the Penyu restauraunt does a wonderful seafood buffet on a friday night..go easy on lunch that day!!The happy hours are good value,where large jugs of cocktails can be bought cheaply,though i would recomend bringing a box of wine from home,as the price of wine,like everywhere else here is somewhat inflated!Dont know if you were aware,Kevin,but there are also reviews for the Nexus,on this site,which are accurate and informative.Hope this helps...im sure you will love it though.

Shetland
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nexus In August

Have to agree the Nexus is stunning. We have nothing to compare it with only having stayed here but we have stayed at the Nexus twice in the space of a year,so that speaks for itself.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
20 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nexus In August

You cant go wrong staying at the Nexus, its totally top notch and the service is almost excellent. You'll be greeted with a lovely and huge lobby once u arrive and you'll be amazed at how friendly the people are. There are loads of watersports around and the beach is great and there are parts around that gives u some good privacy as well.

Every month is a good time to visit Malaysia as the weather is great all year round but you might want to avoid Feb-April maybe as thats when the monsoon season is and thats when there's more rainfall than usual, so August would be perfect for you.