We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

Getting to the hotel, we plan to take a regular taxi from the airport. Our Air Asia flight from Singapore arrives at 20:50. Will the taxi counter at T2 be operational at that time?

On the way back, do I book a taxi through the hotel (I don't want to take the hotel airport transfer) or do I need to call the taxi company? Would a taxi booked through the hotel be the same fixed price as going from the airport?

Thanks in advance

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

THe taxi counter is operational while flights are arriving.

There are taxis available at Rasa Ria. Just ask the congirge to hail one. The price I pay is the same as at the airport.

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

Thank you bigw

hong kong
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

Hi,

is it cheaper just to get a taxi from the airport to rasa ria and vice versa or use the hotel transfer? We are 4 adults and a small child. How much is the taxi from the air port? Thanks!

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

#3,

You need to check from the hotel how much do they charge for hotel transfer, most of the time it is free of charge if you have booked with them but you should cross check. I am not sure how much it will cost but Rasa Ria is quite a distance and taxis are expensive in KK but you do not have much of choice when you arrive. For your trip back I would recommend you to get a taxi driver's number when you were traveling and offer him a price 20% lower than how much you were charged from the airport to hotel.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

For 4 adults and a small child plus bags you will need a van type taxi as normal taxis are quite small and can only carry 3 adults plus bags. Just ask at the taxi counter when you buy your voucher.

The resort transfer is very expensive, 3 - 4 times more than a taxi.

Howver you do get excellent service with a meet and great, cool towels, a drink etc. and they will take your bags from the carousel to the van and lod them.

hong kong
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

thanks so much bigw. the hotel has given me a one way transfer for 200 ringitts. is this more expensive than just getting a taxi from the airport as i note from previous forums its only 90 one way and its fixed, or has it gone up??? thanks!

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

It was RM90 one way in June when I travelled. By a voucher at the taxi counter at the airport.

hong kong
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

thanks bigw. seems much cheaper just to get a taxi from the airport then.

California
Level Contributor
23 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

Email the hotel (as I did for Rasa Ria) and provide them your arrival flight details and they will give you price quotes. They quoted me MYR220 for a van from the airport to the hotel which they say is about 45 minutes away. They said a taxi would be between MYR 90-130 per way.

10. Re: Taxi to/from Rasa Ria to the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 17, 2013