We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Le Meridien

Can anyone please advise me which hotel is better - the Hyatt Regency or the Le Meridien. My husband and I are planning to stay for 6 days and these are the only hotels that have rooms left! I am torn between them. Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien

I would go with the Le Meridien. It is slightly more expensive than the Hyatt but its still a very nice place. It is newer and the room decorations and appointments show it.

Location is similar on both and most hotels in Kota Kinabalu will have a good location since the town is small.

dont be sad that these are the only places with rooms left. They may not be beach resorts but they are very nice places with better locations than any beach resort has.

On the positive side you can walk to many restaurants, bars, and clubs. You can shop and take your things to and from your hotel without any problems. If you forget something it isnt a pain to go back and get it. You can stay out late at night and not have to worry about transport back. You can drink and not have to worry about driving.

I hope you have a great time and please check back with us upon your return. I would love to hear your impressions.

UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien

Thank you for your advice. We are happy to stay centrally too because as you say it is a great location and we are staying at a beach resort afterwards in Pangkor Laut. I was thinking the Le Meridien too because it is newer. Thank you so much for helping me to clarify my thoughts.