We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KK with children- which hotel

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
JVG
Manila
3 posts
Save Topic
KK with children- which hotel

Hi. My husband and I are traveling with our 7-year old daughter and 5-year old son. We are choosing between 3 hotels only. Please advice which is best, considering we have kids: (a) The Magellan Sutera, Sutera Harbour Resort; (b) La Meridien Kota Kinabalu; (c) Promenade Hotel Kota Kinabalu.

Thanks.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KK with children- which hotel

I would go with the Magellan. They have a beautiful resort style facility and lots of kids ativities and facilities.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KK with children- which hotel

Hi, just returned from the Magellan Sutera. Our 3 kids (13, 10, and 6)loved it. There is a kids club (about RM25 for the first 6 hours of use)a playground, recreation centre where you can hire bikes play pool etc, and a few different pools which are suitable for children. The beach area is tiny and is not worth bothering about. There is a 10 pin bowling alley which we also used, and a cinema which we didn't use( had seen all of the movies.) It's very close to the city (5 minute drive)- so easy to go in on the shuttle bus (which runs hourly) for meals or shopping. If you are in to water sports there is an adjoining marina - easy to organise a trip out to the islands for swimming, snorkelling etc.- which is well worth doing , or book parasailing, jet-skis etc.