We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code - Sabah and Rasa Ria in particular

sydney
4 posts
Save Topic
Dress Code - Sabah and Rasa Ria in particular

Hello,

just wondering if anyone can tell me what the dress code is like for sabah? i would like to know what type of dress code it is for the rasa ria restaurants etc also. Do the temples require you to cover up so you have little skin showing...we have no idea what to expect and what to pack for our honeymoon....

Thanks a lot!

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code - Sabah and Rasa Ria in particular

Hello Sturds,

The dresscode for Sabah is as casual as shorts and a t-shirt. You will see both men and non Muslim local women wearing this around town. Singlets are fine for the women. Just to be tasteful women should avoid showing too much belly or wearing very short shorts.

Religious places will require long pants and prefereably long sleeves for men. Women should be covered. It’s also likely that you will have to take your shoes off before entering a few places.

The dresscode for the nicer restaurants at both the RR and TA will be resort casual. Khakis and a button up short sleeve shirt will be fine at night. During the day it is the same or slightly more casual. I have seen people in shorts for breakfast and lunch.