We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Megelan wing delux seaview room

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Megelan wing delux seaview room

Have heard many conflicting things about this resort .can abybody without a bias towards this resor,give me some advise.

1.people booked a bouble bed and recieved a twin room with 2 single beds pushed togerther.very uncomfotable they said.beds were like sleeping in mas secuity jail (hard).

2.not every seaview room has balcony.is this true?HOW DO I KNOW THAT I WILL GET ONE BECAUSE I STRESSED TO THE TRAVEL AGENT THAT THIS WAS A REQUIRED AND THAT IS WHAT I PAID FOR.

3.ANTBODY CAN TELL ME THE EMAIL ADRESS SO I CAN CONTACT THEM TO ACCERTAIN MY REQIREMENTS.

Singapore
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Megelan wing delux seaview room

http://www.suteraharbour.com/new/Contact.shtm

can use the link to get your desire email address.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Megelan wing delux seaview room

Hi Stans,

It’s a great resort for the golfer, boater, businessman, or person that wants to be in town. The grounds are beautiful but the beach is sad man made affair.

I have never had 2 beds pushed together when I ordered a single bed room (King); if I did I would complain and get a different room. I think they only offer king or twin rooms, twin meaning 2 separate beds in the room. If you want a single bed get the king as I think it’s the only option. If you have a twin room booked I think you will get two beds. Here’s a photo of the “twin” room.

suteraharbour.com/new/images/Accom/Magellan-…

The hotel says all rooms on the Magellan wing have balconies and I have never had a room without one. The Pacific wing has some rooms without balconies I believe.

I am sometimes leery of Travel Agents when dealing with Malaysia and S.E. Asia in general. There are good ones who are Asia or Malaysia experts, but many have never even been here or have only been for a very short time. They just don’t know enough about the area. Some prices may seem to be great deals to them because of the exchange rate, but if you had called the rates can often be 20-50% cheaper. About the only time I would use an agent is during a really busy time.

Non-chain hotels in Asia often don’t work as well with agents either and the best deals are often achieved by calling them directly. It’s important to call and not email as they are more likely to deal and it is easier to bargain via phone. They don’t want to pay any commission or booking fees to anyone else. Like 99% of things in Malaysia the closer you get to the source the cheaper it is. You can also tell the person exactly what you are looking for and since they are at the hotel they know much more than an agent who may have never been there.

Rates also change day by day and person to person. If a hotel is slow they will often give you an extra 20-200 RM off the price just to fill it up. But they are notoriously slow in updating these prices to agents and large travel systems. Some don’t even update their own web sites. They guy that gives you the price on the phone often doesn’t communicate much with the person responsible for updating web prices.

Also be aware that email response can be very slow or non existent, calling is often the best tactic. You shouldn’t have a big problem with Sutera Harbour though as they are a pretty well run organization and should return emails.

The web site is

http://www.suteraharbour.com

Email Address

sutera@suteraharbour.com.my

Phone

60 88 318 888

Fax

60 88 317 777