We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rasa Ria Resort KK ???

Queensland...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rasa Ria Resort KK ???

Has anybody got any experiences from the Rasa Ria Resort in KK.I'd like to know if you actually see orangutangs at [the resorts] orangutang rehab sanctuary? Do you know what the cost of transport from airport to resort could be and to town also?

Is it worth while staying there just for rehab sanctuary or wiser to go over to Sepilok.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rasa Ria Resort KK ???

Hello,

The RR is perhaps the nicest resort in KK. The beach is great the water decent and the hotel is fabulous. Of course as you know it is far from town. You are looking at a 45 minute drive and RM 65-80 cab fare one way. Yes you will see OT’s at the resort and I’m not sure a trip to Sepilok is worth it unless you are REALLY into OT’s. As you know you have to fly to Sandakan, then taxi to Sepilok.

Scotland
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rasa Ria Resort KK ???

We stayed at the Tanjung Aru and it was much nicer than the Rasa Ria - and close to KK. We went to the RR to see the orangutangs and saw about 7 little ones which was nice but we were disappointed with the resort. You're warned off the beach (which looks lovely) because of sandflies and we certaily saw a lot of guests with nasty bites on their legs. Highly recommend the Tanjung Aru - especially if you get a Horizon Club room overlooking the islands.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rasa Ria Resort KK ???

Sepilok is a different experience to the Rasa Ria, in my opinion of equal standing. Personally I always visit both when I'm in Sabah.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rasa Ria Resort KK ???

I have only just come back from Malaysia and stayed for 4 nights in RR whilst journeying around. We thought it was really lovely and the service was brilliant. There isn't much to do and it is a bit out of it so I wouldn't really recommend staying for a long holiday. We did do the day trip to Sepilok and I would definately say to do it. We saw so many orang utangs and monkeys...

Queensland...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rasa Ria Resort KK ???

Thanks to all those who replyed.Some interesting feedback.So how many days would you recommend at RR[basically to see orangs]

Then how many nights in KK before flying on to KL.Is shopping best left for KK?

thanks WALSDREAM