We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poring hot spring

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Poring hot spring

I would like to know how long would it take to arrive at the poring hot spring from KK?

Can I take the bus to Ranau / Sandakan and ask them to drop me off enroute? Will the main entrance be very far from the main road then?

If I take a taxi, how much will it cost?

Is there any left luggage service at the Poring? How much will it cost?

I will stay at Kinabalu national park afterwards, how much will it cost if I go by a taxi? And how long will it take?

Many thanks!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poring hot spring

I have done this. Catch the Express bus to Sandakan from the KK bus terminal at about 07.30 and ask them to drop you at Ranau, (about one and a half to two hours later), cost about 1GBP.

You then need to catch a taxi to Poring Springs. I cannot remember how much, but it was very, very inexpensive. I actually got the taxi to return in the afternoon and transfer me to Kinabalu Park.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poring hot spring

The park is about 125 KM away from town. This can take 2.5 hours or so to reach by car and 3+ hours by bus. The springs are closed on sunday and monday so take this into consideration.

Entrance fees to the park are RM 15 per person. The canopy walk is an extra RM 5 and there is also a surchage for cameras and video.

There are several companies offering tours in KK. A complete package will start at around RM 60 or so. I can get some phone numbers for you if you are interested.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Poring hot spring

Thanks for both of you!

I will be heading KK tonight. Can't wait!!!

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poring hot spring

yes, i am interested to have some tour agency numbers in kk.

do you know how much is chartering a boat to pulau sapi? any snorkelling gear for hire there?

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poring hot spring

yes, i am interested to have some tour agency numbers in kk.

do you know how much is chartering a boat to pulau sapi? any snorkelling gear for hire there?