We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rasa Ria - How far from local town?

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Rasa Ria - How far from local town?

Hi, My husband and I are considering going here for 10 nights next year and I wondered if it is within walking distance to the nearest town if we fancy a change of scenery and restaurants?

Also, is it worth paying the extra for a room with a seaview? Do the non seaview rooms have nice views i.e. not of buildings?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rasa Ria - How far from local town?

Hi there,

The Rasa Ria is located about 45 minutes from Kota Kinabalu town. There is no town located within walking distance. There are 2 seafood restaurants located near the resort but you would still have get a taxi there.

Can't say much about the seaview rooms as I myself stayed at a deluxe garden view room. There were buildings in the view.

We had a great time there during our stay there. The people at the resort were very friendly.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rasa Ria - How far from local town?

I have been a few times and stayed at the Nexus, Rasa Ria and the Tanjung Aru. My overall favourite is the Tanjung Aru for quality of staff, (equal to that of the Rasa Ria), and the great location.

Walking distance to many restaurants, 10 minutes from airport and town, 5 minutes from the Islands of the National Park.

Have you considered doing a two centre? Maybe a week at the Tanjung Aru followed by complete 'chill-out' at the Rasa Ria.

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rasa Ria - How far from local town?

Hi there,

I'm writing to correct my statement. What I meant to say was .. my room view had no buildings in it.

Pheww..

Sorry about that ...

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rasa Ria - How far from local town?

Many thanks to you both for your helpful advice. I think maybe a two centre holiday might be a good plan, to get a bit of both worlds. Cheers