We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kk info

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex, UK
1 post
Save Topic
kk info

please can anyone confirm the amount of sunshine hours in march, the brochure says only four which seems underestimated.

also as were ro what are the resturants lik in kk and are they resonable in cost.

Milton Keynes UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: kk info

We went last May, sunny and hot all day every day - brilliant. KK not massive but loads of various eating places, cheap. Stayed in Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru which was fantastic (upgraded to deluxe room which was worth it). Had a fantastic time there.

london/essex
Level Contributor
90 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kk info

hi there iam going march too i think the sun comes up 6ish and goes do about 18.00 were are you staying me and my friend are staying at shangri la tanjung aru it looks lovely .

were in essex are you i am in beenfleet

hope to here from you

dave

Essex
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: kk info

You will get sunshine every day. Sun rises at 5.00 a.m. and sets at 6.30 p.m. It is hot, humid and you get plenty of it!!

Be adventurous, try the food stall. Plate of noodes cost MYR3.00 to MYR4.00 (about 50 pence). Canned soft drinks like

cola, sprite cost MYR1.00 outside in coffeeshops or food stall. Plenty of fresh seafood around. It makes me hungry just talking about it. It is a clean and lovely place!

UK
Level Contributor
859 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kk info

We visited in Feb. We had a number of days of rain, some sun. Even on a completly cloudy day I managed to get tanned so slap on the suntan oil. The Kuoni brochure says an average of 8 hours of sunshine for March for Borneo although its not stating if that is KK in particular.

Eating out at local resturants is very reasonable although you will pay more in the posher hotels.

Brunei Darussalam
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kk info

Nobody actually bothers to count the number of sunshine in Sabah as it bright the moment it rises around 6 am - 6 pm!

Lots of eateries, fancy or simple with all sorts of prices. It all depends on what you fancy. And since you are from UK, even the most expensive is cheap.