We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KK car hire??

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
KK car hire??

Hi there

We're staying at Rasa Ria - we're concerned we're restricted for eating/drinking at the hotel otherwise fork out for a very expensive cab. Any recommendations for cheap car hire/best value travel or Rasa Ria more central to KK than we think?

Thanks alot

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KK car hire??

Hello,

The RR is pretty far from town but the road to it is good and it is an easy drive. Here is a topic on car rental in Sabah.

tripadvisor.com/…1522387

Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KK car hire??

Hi, our family of 5 have just returned from the Rasa Ria. It's fabulous, however the distance from KK is a pain, it's a good 40 mins. Don't let it put you off though, it's THE best hotel in KK.

The shuttle is $RM25 rtn for adults and kids under 12yrs half that. It runs from late morning to about 9.00 pm.

Taxi fare is about $RM80 each way.

We hire a car from Mayflower car rental in KK and paid $RM160 per day for a large sedan, (it started out at $RM240, so haggle) Ask for Emanual, he's very obliging.

I had hoped to rent one cheaper as posts on this forum suggested from $RM60 to 120 is the going rate but I called numerous companies and just got laughted at when suggesting this for the type of car we needed.

I think you can get a tiny 650cc two door for around $RM80, but my families life is worth the extra for a bit more tin around us!

London, but from...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: KK car hire??

Hi new22003

Cld you help me please? Sounds like you have some good advice/experience. We are travelling from New Zealand nxt year and need return ferry tickets from Muara to labuan, and transport from Brunei to Muara. What wld you recommend? we have a flight organised from Labuan to KK. If its easier to email me, my address is nursechris@alronberg.com

Thankyou!

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KK car hire??

Hello nursechris,

Sorry about the slow reply I have been in an area without web access for quite some time. Let me first commend you for going to Labuan, not many people go there. It has been several years since I have been there but it is an AMAZING dive site..

There is a daily ferry service from Muara to Labuan and it has at least 5 or 6 times it leaves during the day. I dont know of any place to buy it in advance but I had no trouble getting my ticket right before the trip. The trip took about 45 to 50 minutes.

There are cheap busses and reasonable taxis that will take you from Bandar Seri Begawan to Muara.