We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off to Sabah on 30/1/05 for 10 days

Australia Melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
Off to Sabah on 30/1/05 for 10 days

It is our first time, I would like someone to get back to me regarding monsoon season over there. Have been an avid Bali traveller for years, and always go during monsoon season, hardly ever rains and when it does it is in short bursts usually at night., is it the same in Sahba? Would like some helpful info on where to go and what to do, and shopping is it good???? Look forward to hearing from everyone.

Sal

Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Off to Sabah on 30/1/05 for 10 days

How Much???

Can someone let me know roughly how much it cost to visit

Poring Hot Springs

Poring Butterfly Farm

Waterfalls

Rehabilitation Centre

Thank you all.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off to Sabah on 30/1/05 for 10 days

Hi Knackers,

Well KK isn’t as touristy or as hopping as Bali but it is a nice place. The monsoon seasons are very similar. Often shorts burst of rain cooling down a hot day. I would recommend you catch the night markets and visit a local bar or two. You must eat at the hawkers at night and people watch. Try the local foods such as Satay which is very different from its Indonesian or Thai counterpart. Shopping is very good also with great deals to be bargained for.

Sabah is known for its natural attraction so a snorkel/dive expedition should be taken. It is amazing to see the sunrise from the top of Kinabalu. There is also good fishing if you like that sort of thing. You will find numerous tour operators in town and at the hotels. They all have a plethora of packages and surely something that will peak your interest.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation.