We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kk holiday

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth western...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
kk holiday

we have just arrive home from K K ...we had a lovely time our hotel sutera harbour resort was excellent ...the town was very clean and the people were very nice and friendly...food great ..shopping was good as well ... best res was atlantic it is down on the horbour ..snorkelling wonderful .... we were there for 7 days but should have had 10 day to c everything

Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kk holiday

Thank you for you insight on KK. We are going to Sabah in a few weeks time and I have just seen on the internet that they have posted a travel warning on it saying that it is not safe to go there, kidnapping and terrorist threats. Can you tell me whether it found it safe over there and if you had any problems. Many thanks

Melb, Aust
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kk holiday

Dear Rentals, we came home from a holiday in KK a week ago. Goverment warning is for the east coast of Sabah, KK is on the west coast.

At no time did I ever feel unsafe etc, every one is friendly, honest and helpful. I wish I was back there eating a satay.

Australind WA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: kk holiday

Couldnt agree more with Mistycat KK is wonderfull nothing like Bali, but you still need to be wary in any part of the world lately

Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kk holiday

Thank you all for replying to my message. I feel better now, only I do have one more concern. I went to the doctors here today and they mentioned to be careful not to catch Malaria. Did anyone get sick other there or is everyone just overreacting. I'm staying at the Shangri La Aru Resort, can anyone suggest any places that I should definately go to and places that are great to eat at. Thanks.

Australind WA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kk holiday

we had no problems with malaria or with any other sickness just be wary of drinking there water and having ice in drinks and all should be ok

Melb, Aust
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kk holiday

Hi Rentals, if you want some passionate info re malaria go back a page and read the topic Malaria, last post 11.9.05.

As you will see from my post on the subject I did not take antimalarials, I also did not get 1 mossie bite, went on a river cruise 2 hours out of KK and still didnt get bitten, although I used repellent on that tour. At the Shangri-La they have mossie coils available for your balcony and in room, I did not need to use them, different month could mean more mossie???

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kk holiday

Anabelleglee you mention wonderful snorkelling. My husband and are are going to KK at the end of the month and staying at the Hyatt, and would love to snorkel. Can you recommend where to go?

Thanks

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kk holiday

Thanks for the great report. I wish more people would chime with trip reports as it is very useful.

Australia Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: kk holiday

Hi there we are off to Sahba on 30 January can you recommend anything to us to do or see? How good is the shopping, can you gat bargains??? Regards Sally

australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: kk holiday

Hi anabelleglee

Can you tell me what type of shopping is available in kk?