We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

Singapore
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

Hi

I'm planning for a 5 days trip to KK in Dec for a group of 25adults & 15kids. Wld like to scout for reliable local tour agency that can I can book for day/overnight trip to islands for snorkeling and Mt K.

If forumers here can help to suggest "What to do at KK for 5 days" wld be great!

TIA!

Gerlynn

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,369 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

Try any of the following. I have used them all at various times and found them to be good.

Borneo Eco Tours http://borneoecotours.com/home.php

or

Exotic Borneo http://www.exborneo.com/

or

Wildlife expeditions http://www.wildlife-expeditions.com/

or

Only in Borneo (Oib) http://www.onlyinborneo.com.my/

Mentioned in this post
Borneo Eco Tours
Borneo Eco Tours
265 Reviews
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

Can suggest the following for your 5 days:

1) Snorkelling at Sapi/Manukan/Mamutik - just opposite Kota Kinabalu and takes about only 15 minutes by boat. Normal tour depart at 9pm and return at about 3-4pm. If time is limited, can go in the afternoon also, that is, if weather permitting.

2) Day trip to Mt Kinabalu and Poring Hot Spring. Can depart at 8am and return by 6pm.

3) Visit Klias Wetland for the river cruise to see the Proboscis Monkeys and fireflies. Tour depart at about 1:30-2pm and return by 9pm and includes dinner and tea break.

4) Go for family fun at Kiulu river rafting. Tour departs 9am and return by 3pm. This river is safe for children too.

5) If want to know about the city history and culture, suggest to go for the KK Heritage Walk in the older parts of the city. Walk starts at 9am and ends at about 11:30am.

Apart from the tour operator as recommended by Bigw, would like to recommend the following well established local tour operator in Malaysia with its headquarters in Kuala Lumpur. This operator is also the Cebu-Pacific airline's ground handler and main sales agent in Sabah, so, very reliable:

Skyzone tours & travel sdn bhd

www.skyzonetours.com

or email:

lynn.bki@skyzonetours.com

Mentioned in this post
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Sabah
Sabah
Malaysia
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,369 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

For more ideas of things to do have alook at the TA Inside page at

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298307-s407/Kota-Kin…

Singapore
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

hi

Thanks for all who replied!

May I know are most tour packages mentioned by Graceleong in the region of RM$150-$200 p/package? It is quite expensive to go for all the packages suggested though I would love to.

Can anyone recommend a more economical tour agency? Or is there a tour agency that can organise multiple tours for a group of 40 people at a discounted rate?

Thanks again!

Gerlynn

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,369 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

If you contact any of the agencies I mentioned I'm sure they would strike a deal for a group as large as yours.

It might also be worth contacting Sabah Tourism to see if they can help.

http://www.sabahtourism.com/en/

Mentioned in this post
Sabah
Sabah
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

If you book individual tour package, it will be definitely more expensive. Would suggest that you first decide what you want to do, and then email to the tour opertor to quote you for a package. With the number of people you have, you will definitely get a very good price instead of booking individual tours. The tour operator could also includes your transfer form the airport.

Singapore
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

Hi

Any comments on www.masenangtravel.com.my and Promenade Marina Court Resort Condominium?

I will take your advice to plan out the itinerary and then email to few agencies for quotes.

So any other smaller travel agents to recommend?

Thanks!

Gerlynn

Mentioned in this post
Marina Court Resort Condominium
Marina Court Resort...
236 Reviews
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
8. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:14 pm, August 01, 2008
Brunei
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

I recently organized a 2 day watersports activity for 35 people from the UK.

I booked with Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures Sdn Bhd and can honestly say they gave an excellent and very professional service and are well experienced in large groups. I found them flexible to our needs and i highly recommend them.

I actually went to KK to shop around for the right company i discovered many others couldn't cater for this many people, if they did then they couldn't offer the personal service that we received with Downbelow.

My advice would be drop them an email and give as much notice as you can as this many people requires pre-planning.

You might find this link useful.

www.divedownbelow.com/corporate_at.html

If you want to personnal message me i don't mind giving more advice and info from my experience. My program was conducted last month.

Dan

10. Re: Any Local Tour Agency to recommend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 07, 2009