We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Room Rates

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Room Rates

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Sabah for 3 weeks this October and have been having a look at the various hotel options

I have had a pretty in depth look at the reviews here on trip advisor and as the Magellan Sutera and Nexus Resort are available (on their own websites) for RM400 per room per night compared to almost double that for the Shangri- La so we will most likely stay at the Magellan Sutera the majority of the time and the Hyatt (RM290) for those days when we dont need a big pool etc. With a couple of nights at the Nexus resort for doing nothing at all!

My question is , are these the best prices I will find? or is there a cheaper way to book these hotels?

The likes of expedia and hotel.com are more expensive and to book any of the hotels from a UK travel agent (flight centre) is almost double the direct booking price.

Many Thanks for any help or thoughts you can offer

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Room Rates

I arrange all of my own travel and book directly with the accommodation in Sabah.

Contact them direct via email and ask for the best rates and then negotiate.

Rasa Ria is a great place to stay and they have many inclusions like meals which can really be a cost saver in the long run.

Cheers

Roger

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Room Rates

Hi Beastman,

Email sutera@suteraharbour.com.my and see what they can offer you. Next door, but in the same resort, to The Magellan Sutera, is The Pacific Sutera - it's the city-style cousin to the resort-style Magellan, but you have access to everything whether you stay in the one or the other, minus about a RM80 difference in price - they're just separated by the harbour, so they're about 7 minutes walk apart.

Not sure about the Hyatt, chain hotel, but Sutera Harbour (either the Magellan or the Pacific) being an independent , is certainly cheaper when you go direct.

Good luck.

malaysia
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Room Rates

try to contact this travel agent. they do a lot of hotel booking and can get very special rate under their name as well. siewfui@hundatravel.com

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
389 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Room Rates

Try pinganchorage dot com web site for the Sutera. They seemed to have good prices. Another one was marimari dot com

5. Re: Best Room Rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 07, 2009